- How to move your chess pieces – A short summary of basic chess moves
- Armageddon Chess for Windows (free) – Download file, expand to a directory, double-click knight icon, go to Game and select New, set Opponent to Human-Computer, set Level-Depth to 2 or 3 for beginners. Drag pieces to play.
- Score sheet – Write down your games on our form!
- Bughouse rules – Far from real chess, but lots of fun!
- How to coach chess – Some things you may not think of…like feeding a chess player?
- A guide to Scholastic Chess – Rules and regulations of Scholastics tournaments
- Chessgames.com – maintains a large database of chess games