Tennessee Chess Association
Policy of Home School Students
Playing in the Tennessee Scholastics
Adopted – 8/28/2011
Home taught scholastic students may play in the TCA Scholastic Tournaments as follows:
1. Individual Regionals and Finals. Students being educated at home in accordance with Tennessee law may play in these events in the section for their appropriate grade level. The grades for each section are as follows:
- High School – Grade 12 & below
- Junior High – Grade 9 & below
- Elementary – Grade 6 & below
- Primary – Grade 3 & below
2. Team Regionals and Finals. Students being educated at home in accordance with Tennessee law may play in these events in the section for their appropriate grade level under the following conditions:
- To play as a team, students must be enrolled as a member of the same Home School Support Group, and all students must live in the same region.
- Each Home School Support Group may enter only one team in each championship section based upon the approprate grade level.
- Any questions or issues must be referred to the State Scholastic Coordinator for resolution at least one week before registration for the tournament ends.
Note: A Home School Support Group is defined as having one name, under one President, meeting in one building, conducting meetings, classes, or field trips, and providing a membership directory. A proof of this might be requested by our scholastic coordinators.